Following the previous PS3 DTU / Backup Injection / CFW to OFW Methods, the recent PS3Xploit Tools v2.0release by @esc0rtd3w and his latest file updates, today @ErikPshat let us know on Twitter that as a result you can now run any PS3 games on 4.81 and 4.82 OFW without the need of a second PS3 on CFW using a new method of injecting through backups any games with LIC.EDAT on OFW 4.81 / 4.82 (Step 3)!
To quote from the latest update on PSPX.ru, roughly translated: Running backup games on the PS3 OFW without any ODE and IDPS
- Step 1. Convert the game
- Step 2. We make an injection into the backup
- Step 3. We use the exploit to upload the license file LIC.EDAT
The first two steps are covered already in numerous places through our forum including HERE, HERE, HERE and HERE so we’ll focus on Step 3 below, once again roughly translated: Step 3. We use the exploit to upload the license file LIC.EDAT
1. Download the game from this topic, or convert by the method from step 1.
2. Copy the root of the flash drive LIC.EDAT from the prepared game (folder LICDAT)
3. Inject to backup using the method from step 2.
4. Configure the connection between the PS3 and the PC (DNS on ps3 should be the ip of the computer if the connection is direct, or in the same network if via a router).
5. Download exploit (miniWeb already included in the archive)
6. Unzip the archive (exploit) and run the HTTP server miniweb.exe
7. A command window opens, remember the third line of the Host: 192.168.X.XXX:8000
MiniWeb (build 300, built on Feb 28 2013) ">(C) 2005-2013 Written by Stanley Huang <firstname.lastname@example.org> Host: 192.168.0.100:8000
8. Open the browser on PS3 and write in the address bar Host (local IP address: port), obtained in the previous step, do not forget to specify the port after the IP address (for example 192.168.0.100:8000).
9. The exploit page opens. Clean the PS3 browser (history, cookies and the rest). Make the home page of the home page, close the page and re-open it.
10. Insert the USB flash drive into the drive near the drive to the drive port.
11. If you need to change the memory type (NOR / eMMC) depending on the PS3 model (default NOR)
12. Select ROP Chains: Read / Write File test from the menu.
13. In destination, change to TitleID from your game, ie /dev_hdd0/game/TitleID/LICDIR/LIC.EDAT (where TitleID is the name of the game’s boot folder, for example NPEB12345, it contains PARAM.SFO with the active Bootable parameter)
14. Click on the Initialize ROP Chain and see the text below under the buttons, if prompted to exit the browser, exit and retry the actions in the browser.
15. When everything is done correctly, you will have an Execute Chain button available, click on it.
16. Close the browser on the PS3.
17. Start the game.
Additional recommendations on the topic:
- Table Google – List of tested and working games, as well as notes to them
- Table Google – List of games with notes about the presence or absence of LICDIR and UPDATE patches (source)
- If everything seems to be done right, but when you start the black screen
- We transfer images of games from the Computer to PS3 (CFW) using Open PS3 FTP Server
- You can independently prepare the game according to the instructions above, downloading its image from the corresponding topic. Games that have an update-patch have in the title such an icon and tag [vX.YZ]
- If you / friends / relatives do not have CFW, you can use the services of recording games.