The developer Alexander and the CyberModding guys released the Cobra version of the CFW Ferrox 4.85 a few hours ago. The Cobra 8.2 patches included mark the quality and professionalism with the Cfw most popular on the PS3 scene such as the Cfw Rebug, a CFW Standard which has all the necessary features and one of the cleanest to play online.
- Built on the basis of OFW 4.85 S * NY.
- PSN / SEN Enabled.
- Possibility of updating from any CFW (CEX).
- Possibility of updating from OFW 3.55 and original firmware 4.85 [with PS3Xploit – only compatible consoles]
- Possibility of downgrade from any CFW with active QA Flags.
- QA Flags active if previously enabled.
- FEATURE – Added COBRA Patches 8.20
- FEATURE – New optional XMB look (See FERROX Mod Installer below).
- FEATURE – PS2 Games Compatibility.
- FEATURE – PSP Games Compatibility in ISO / Minis / Remaster format.
- FEATURE – Compatibility with the latest version of ReactPSN.
- FEATURE – RSOD Screen Bypass for Console affected by RSOD.
- FEATURE – Keys 4.85 to start Games signed with keys 4.85
- FEATURE – App_home / PS3_GAME.
- FEATURE – XMB In-Game Screenshot – find the option in the Photos column of the XMB In-Game.
- FEATURE – Remote Play support.
- FEATURE – Integrated Package Manager, replaces the classic Install Package Files.
- FEATURE – Added Temperature display in XMB In-Game on PS2 Games. Thanks to 3141card.
- PATCH – LV1: Patched to remove LV2 Protection.
- PATCH – LV1: Patched the coreOS Hash Check to prevent the Brick on non-dehashed Downgradate Console.
- PATCH – LV1: Peek & Poke.
- PATCH – LV2: Peek & Poke.
- PATCH – PS3 BT Remote Patch.
- PATCH – PS3 BluRay Disc Patch.
- PATCH – Disabled Epilepsy Message at Boot.
- PATCH – CINAVIA protection Completely disabled.
With the COBRA 7.55 it is possible to block the Homebrews you want. It is a safety measure in simple terms, as starting Homebrew while connected to the PSN is highly risky for the Ban. You can choose to block only some Homebrews, or even all of them, as it is a procedure to do manually by going to choose which App to block.
On PC, create a text file. Rename the text file as follows: blacklist.cfg
You will be asked whether to continue as you will also change the file extension. Click on YES.
Open the file with notepad or any text editor.
Well, here you have to enter the TitleIDs of the Homebrews you want to block. One for each line. How do you get the Title of your Homebrews? But of course.
Go to the directory dev_hdd0 / game / on your PS3. Here you will find the list of Apps and Games installed in the Console. Look for the Titleid of the Homebrews, some are obvious as for example for ManaGunz its TitleID is MANAGUNZ0. For other Apps it is different, as it has been assigned a TitleID of an existing Game to make them appear Stealth in the eyes of the SONY. How to do it then? Enter the directory, inside you will find an ICON0.PNG file. Open it directly from the PS3. That file is the main image of the Game or App, so from its Image you understand if it is a Game and your Homebrew.
Transcribe the TitleIDs of the Apps you want inside the blacklist.cfg file, one for each line.
Now save and copy the file to the directory: dev_hdd0 / tmp / HERE !!
It is also possible to create the whitelist.cfg file, useful if you want to do tests. It works the same way as the blacklist.