A big surprise in the night comes a new update of Atmosphère released by the developer SciresM with the new version 0.10.5 which solves many bugs of the old version. To update or install this new version I recommend deleting the / atmosphere / bootloader / sept folders and inserting the new version files.
Atmosphère is made up of several components, each of which replaces / modifies a different component of the system:
- Fusée: Loader of the first phase, responsible for the loading and validation of phase 2 (customized TrustZone) plus package 2 (the Kernel / FIRM sysmodules) and their application as needed. This replaces all the functionality normally in Package1loader / NX Bootloader.
- Sept: payload used to enable support for derivation of the runtime key on 7.0.0.
- Exosphère: Custom TrustZone, to run a customized secure monitor
- Thermosphère: ELu EmuNAND support, i.e. backup and use of virtualized / redirected NAND images
- Stratosphère: Custom Sysmodule (s), both Rosalina-style to extend the kernel / provide new features and the reimplementation style of the loader to hook important system actions
- Troposphère: application-level Horizon operating system patches, used to implement desirable CFW functionality
0.10.5 is the twenty-eighth official release of Atmosphère.
fusee-primary was last updated on: 0.10.4 .
The following has been changed since the latest version:
- Changes have been made to the way fs.mitm constructs images when providing layered romfs.
- Rom metadata creation previously had a memory cost of approximately ~ 4-5 times the size of the file table.
- This caused games with particularly huge file metadata tables (> 4 MB) to drain the 16 MB memory pool of fs.mitm.
- The code that creates the rom images has therefore been modified to make it significantly more memory efficient.
- Memory requirements have been reduced from ~ 4x file table size to ~ 2x file table size + 0.5 MB.
- There is a slight penalty for this, but tests on Football Manager 2020 took only ~ 1.5 seconds longer to start the game with many modified files.
- This should not be evident thanks to the asynchronous changes made in 0.10.2.
- If you encounter a game that runs out of ams.mitm’s memory (locking it) while loading layereredfs mods, contact SciresM.
- Building Romfs can be made even more memory efficient, but unless games are shown with even more absurdly huge file tables, exchange rate doesn’t seem to be worth it.
- Fixed a bug that prevented Atmosphere’s fatal error context from downloading TLS for certain processes.
- General system stability improvements to improve the user experience.
For information on the feature set supported by 0.10, see the official release notes .