Developer Littlebalup has released a Dualboot firmware version of 4.86. The DualBoot version is a CFW that allows CFW users to switch to a somewhat personalized OFW. It does not include any peek and poke patches, no optimizations and does not start homebrew, it is one of the safest ways to use the PSN, while still maintaining the possibility of returning to a standard CFW. It doesn’t really allow you to take advantage of all the possibilities of a CFW, but it is the safest way to connect to the PSN / SEN.
- Any PS3 that already runs a CEX custom firmware (CFW)
- Made by 4.86 OFW (CEX)
- All the features of 4.86 OFW (CEX)
- Same size and structure as OFW CoreOS files
- Same size and structure as the OFW PUP
- Isoldr with patch and spu_pkg_rvk_verifier to allow the installation of CFW (CEX) 4.86 or higher
- Rename the file “DB_4.86_littlebalup.PS3UPDAT.PUP” as “PS3UPDAT.PUP”
- On a FAT32 formatted USB storage device, create a folder called “PS3”. Within that PS3 folder, create another folder named “UPDATE”.
- Copy the file “PS3UPDAT.PUP” to the newly created UPDATE folder.
- Check the MD5 signature of the “PS3UPDAT.PUP” file that you have just copied to the UPDATE folder.
- Connect the USB storage device to your PS3, then run the installation via [Settings] -> [System update] -> [Update via storage media]
- Follow the instructions on the screen.