Be sure to check the Ultimate PS5 FAQ for answers to common questions, and if your PS5 Error Code isn’t included in the unofficial PlayStation 5 Error Code Database Spreadsheet via Reddit yet, Sony also has an online support page to Search for a PlayStation 5 Error Code… and there is also a PS5 Dev Wiki error code page where they can be submitted.
- PS5 error code CE-105799-1 / CE-113212-0 – Unable to connect to the server: These are PSN connection error message, so the first thing to do is check the PlayStation Network status page to make sure everything is up and running.
If there is no maintenance or downtime in progress, restart your PS5 and configure your wireless connection settings again, checking your router is in range or switching to a wired connection if possible.
If the problem persists, turn off your modem and router for 5 minutes, then restart and update your router firmware if available. If the issue still isn’t resolved then it’s likely there’s a temporary connection fault, so wait and try again later.
- PS5 error code CE-108862-5 – Unable to connect to the server: This is another connection error message, but this time possibly relating to the servers for the individual game you are playing.
If the PlayStation Network status page linked above confirms everything is currently working, then check the game developer’s website or social media channels to see if they have a specific issue. Again, it’s likely this is a temporary connection fault, so if you can’t resolve it then wait and try again later.
- PS5 error code CE-107520-5 / CE-108889-4 – Please install the latest system software: This PS5 error code means that your system software is not up to date, so connect to the internet and follow the instructions to update to the latest version.
If you can’t connect your console online, you can also download and install the latest system software on a USB drive via a computer, or update it using a game disc. For more information on this process, see the official PS5 System Software Update site.
- PS5 error code CE-108255-1 – Something went wrong with this game or app: A number of players are receiving this PS5 error code, and unfortunately the initial prognosis doesn’t sound good. Some are getting it with one specific PS5 game, while others are receiving the error with every PS5 title they try.
Although Sony haven’t officially commented on the issue yet, several people are reporting that they’ve spoken to customer services and been advised that they’ll need to return their hardware for replacement. If you are getting this error and it persists, you’ll need to contact PlayStation customer services for more details.
- PS5 error code NP-102955-2 – The account information is incorrect: If you’re receiving this PS5 error code, then the PlayStation Network account log in information you’re supplying does not match the records held by Sony.
Double check that you’re entering the correct email address and password (case sensitive), and if you’re sure the information you’re entering is correct then you’ll need to contact customer services to reset your password.