Download: CEXFERROXCOBRA487.pup (199.1 MB)
PUP MD5: E7F40B5D0C4E604C58D9918C355796F1
To quote from LizZo on their latest PS3 Custom Firmware release, roughly translated:
Didn’t you think we would have made you celebrate New Year’s Eve without our gift? And no eehhhh
Our gift is the new FERROX COBRA 4.87 developed by our friend Alexander, tested and working. With all the festivities in between we were late, but the result does not change!
We have news from the PS3Xploit team, with the developer bguerville toolset update. Therefore it is also possible to install the Custom Firmware from an original Firmware. We will update the guide as soon as possible. In any case, let’s go back to our CFW and its characteristics.
CHARACTERISTICS OF THE CFW:
- Built on the basis of OFW 4.87
- PSN / SEN Enabled.
- Ability to Update from any CFW (CEX).
- Possibility to Upgrade from OFW 3.55 and original Firmware 4.87 (with PS3Xploit – compatible consoles only)
- Ability to Downgrade from any CFW with QA Flags active.
- QA Flags active if previously enabled.
- FEATURE – COBRA Patch 8.20 added
- FEATURE – Optional new look of the XMB.
- FEATURE – PS2 Game Compatibility.
- FEATURE – PSP Games Compatibility in ISO / Minis / Remaster format.
- FEATURE – Compatibility with the latest version of ReactPSN.
- FEATURE – RSOD Screen Bypass for Consoles affected by RSOD.
- FEATURE – Keys 4.87 to start Games signed with keys 4.87
- FEATURE – App_home / PS3_GAME.
- FEATURE – XMB In-Game Screenshot – find the option in the Photo column of the XMB In-Game.
- FEATURE – Remote Play Support.
- FEATURE – Integrated Package Manager, replaces the classic Install Package Files.
- FEATURE – Added Temperature display in XMB In-Game on PS2 Games. Thanks to 3141card.
- PATCH – LV1: Patched to remove LV2 Protection.
- PATCH – LV1: Patch coreOS Hash Check to prevent Brick on non-dehashed Downgraded Consoles.
- PATCH – LV1: Peek & Poke.
- PATCH – LV2: Peek & Poke.
- PATCH – PS3 BT Remote Patch.
- PATCH – PS3 BluRay Disc Patch.
- PATCH – Disabled Epilepsy Message at Boot.
- PATCH – CINAVIA Protection Completely disabled.
As always, we did a lot of testing before release. We tested a little bit of everything, and found no bugs or problems of any kind. Do not hesitate to let us know if you find any errors !!
- CECH2004A NOR – TSUTEJ1 – Vulpix
- CECH2104A NOR – LizZo
- CECH2504A NOR – TSUTEJ1
- CECHC04 NAND – IIDYNASTYII
- CECHK NOR – IIDYNASTYII
INSTALLING THE CFW
- Download the CFW at the top of the page. Rename the .PUP file exactly in: PS3UPDAT.PUP and compare the MD5 with the one you find at the top of the page! You can use the MD5sums Tool that you find online.
- Take a USB formatted in FAT32, and create a new folder called PS3, inside it create another one called UPDATE, and inside this last insert the PS3UPDAT.PUP File, which would be the Custom Firmware.
- Insert the USB into the rightmost port on the PS3.
- Be sure to : Remove any disc from the PS3 player, unmount any games loaded with any Manager, disable Internet connection.
- Simply go to the ‘Settings’ column, then ‘System Update’ and choose ‘By storage media’.
- Select the CFW and the process will start.
- Turn off the Console.
- Switch on again by holding down the Power button until the console turns off again.
- Now switch on again by holding down the Power button until you hear 2 Beeps close to each other.
- At that point release the Power button!
- From the Recovery Menu now, select ‘System Update’.
- Just follow the instructions on the screen, and you’re done!
For a clean installation, you can install the CFW twice. You can also go back to Recovery and choose the Options to Rebuild the Database and Restore the File System. This way you will have a more than clean and safe installation. Ok. You can choose to Install the CFW from the XMB or from Recovery.
As always, the sources of the Alexander developer will soon be available in his Github.