Developer Northfear has released a port of version 0.8.7 of GemRB for the PS Vita.
What is GemRB?
GemRB is a portable open-source implementation of Bioware’s Infinity Engine. In essence, it allows you to run games based on the Infinity Engine, on a variety of platforms. In our case, this means you can enjoy Baldur’s Gate 1, Baldur’s Gate 2, Icewind Dale and a bunch of other games on your PS Vita.
This update brings the following changes:
- I/O performance improvements. Faster loading times, MUCH faster loading times with mods installed (from 80 minutes to 40 seconds in some extreme cases).
- Improved SDLAudio plugin (added functional volume controls and positional audio support).
- OpenAL support added (supports ambient sounds, audio effects). Use
AudioDriver=openalin config file to select it.
- TTF support added.
- Support for GemRB console (press L1 + R1 + △ to open the console).
- Mapped more keyboard shortcuts to D-Pad.
- General performance improvements.
Download GemRB (Baldur’s Gate engine) for PS Vita
You can download GemRB here.